What are photoshop shortcut keys? Why it’s important to learn the photoshop shortcut key? It all here in this guide
The purpose of these articles is to show you some commonly used keyboard shortcuts for resources that can help you optimize your workflow in Photoshop. Photoshop shortcuts are an essential part of any efficient workflow, letting you perform a huge selection of actions from the blink of an eye.
This app is blessed with such a thorough list that it may be quite a daunting task for any beginner wanting to get started. Some basic shortcuts are familiar from across other applications, while others are so market which you may only ever use them once.
Photoshop shortcut key: Getting Started
You’d think setting your content up in Photoshop would be second nature. But from time to time, the shortcuts to alter the background-size, or zoom in to your project are not exactly what you believe. Here are some of the most crucial basic shortcuts to know:
Photoshop shortcut key: Move Tools
- Zoom Tool – Press “Z” on your keyboard
- Zoom Out – Hold Alt/Option key
- Fit to Screen – Command/Ctrl + 0
- Hand Tool – Circle around the picture while zoomed in – Hold the spacebar
- Rotate Your Image – Press “R” on your computer, then click and drag your mouse
- Rotate in 15-degree increments – While rot(R) is selected + hold shift and drag your mouse
Also read: How To Install Portraiture Plugins In Photoshop
Photoshop shortcut key: Transform Tools
- Free Transform – Press Ctrl + T on your keyboard
- Scale Proportionately – Hold the “Shift” key while in free transform mode
Photoshop shortcut key: General Tips & Shortcuts
- Unlock your background layer – Double-click on the background layer and click “OK”
- Rulers – Command/Ctrl + R
- Create Guides – Click and drag in the bible while they’re observable.
- Hide/Show Guides – Command/Ctrl + H
- Undo – Command/Ctrl + Z (quick suggestion: use this keyboard shortcut over and repeatedly to toggle your last history condition )
- Multiple Undos – Command/Ctrl + Alt/Opt + Z
- Gradient Tool – Hit the letter”G” on your computer
- Gradient Tool with straight gradient – While the gradient tool is chosen, hold”Shift” then drag and click
- Crop Tool – Hit the letter”C” on your keyboard (Quick Hint: be certain to assess”Delete shot pixels”)
- Quick Hint: Hover of those tools panel to show the keyboard shortcut to the instrument your hovering over
Photoshop Shortcut key: Brush Tool
- Brush – Press the letter”B” on your computer
- Make brush tool larger – Press the ] key on your keyboard (right bracket key)
- Make brush tool smaller – Hit the [ key in your keyboard (left bracket key)
- Brush Resize – Right Click + Alt + Drag left or right
- Brush Softness – Right Click + Alt + Drag up or down
- Brush Resize (Mac) – Control + Option + Drag left or right
- Brush Softness (Mac) – Command + Option + Drag up or down
- Brush configurations – Just right click while you have the brush tool chosen.
Photoshop shortcut key: Color
- Eyedropper Tool – Press “I” on your keyboard
- Toggle Foreground/Background Color – Press “X” key on your computer
- Default Colors – Press “D” on your keyboard
Photoshop Keyboard Shortcuts: Retouching Tools
- Healing Brush Tool – Press “J” on your computer
- Toggle between Healing Brush Subsets – Hold Shift + press the letter “J” on your computer
- Healing Brush sample point – Hold Option/Alt, then click to choose a sample point
- Clone Stamp Tool – Press “S” on your keyboard
- Clone Stamp Tool sample point – Hold Option/Alt, then click to choose a sample point for pasting.
Now I guess you’ve already learned a thing or two from the guide above, More so, take your time to learn and properly apply these shortcut to increase your workflow speed.