Portraiture is a plugin for Photoshop that allows you to retouch portraits with ease. It can automatically smooth skin, remove blemishes, enhance eyes, and adjust colors. Portraiture can save you time and improve your results when editing photos of people.
In this article, we will show you how to install Portraiture plugin on Photoshop in a few simple steps. We will also give you some tips on how to use Portraiture effectively and creatively.
Step 1: Download Portraiture from the Official Website
The first step is to download Portraiture from the official website of Imagenomic, the company that developed the plugin. You can find the download link here. You will need to enter your email address and agree to the terms and conditions before you can download the file.
The file size is about 4 MB and it is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems. You will also need to have Photoshop CC or later versions installed on your computer.
Step 2: Run the Installer and Follow the Instructions
The next step is to run the installer that you downloaded from the website. You will see a welcome screen that asks you to choose your language. After that, you will see a license agreement that you need to accept.
Then, you will see a screen that asks you to select the destination folder for Portraiture. You can leave it as the default or change it if you want. You will also see a screen that asks you to select the host applications for Portraiture. You need to check the box for Photoshop and uncheck any other applications that you don’t use.
After that, you will see a screen that asks you to enter your license key. You can find your license key in the email that you received from Imagenomic after downloading Portraiture. You need to copy and paste the license key into the installer and click Next.
Finally, you will see a screen that confirms the installation of Portraiture. You can click Finish to complete the process.
Step 3: Restart Photoshop and Activate Portraiture
The last step is to restart Photoshop and activate Portraiture. To do this, you need to open Photoshop and go to Filter > Imagenomic > Portraiture. You will see a dialog box that asks you to activate Portraiture. You need to enter your name, email address, and license key again and click Activate.
You will see a message that says Activation Successful. You can click OK to close the dialog box and start using Portraiture.
How to Use Portraiture Effectively and Creatively
Now that you have installed Portraiture on Photoshop, you can use it to enhance your portraits with ease. Here are some tips on how to use Portraiture effectively and creatively:
- To apply Portraiture, you need to select a layer that contains your portrait image and go to Filter > Imagenomic > Portraiture. You will see a window that shows a preview of your image with Portraiture applied.
- On the left side of the window, you will see a panel that contains different presets for Portraiture. You can choose from Default, Smoothing – Normal, Smoothing – High, Smoothing – Low, Enhancing – Skin Tone, Enhancing – Skin Tone & Face, or Custom. Each preset has different settings for smoothing, sharpening, color correction, and masking.
- On the right side of the window, you will see a panel that contains sliders for adjusting the settings of Portraiture. You can adjust the amount of smoothing, sharpening, color correction, and masking according to your preference. You can also use the eyedropper tool to select specific skin tones or colors that you want to affect or exclude.
- At the bottom of the window, you will see a panel that contains buttons for zooming, panning, comparing, saving, loading, resetting, canceling, or applying Portraiture. You can use these buttons to view your image in different ways or save your settings as custom presets.
- To apply Portraiture, you need to click on the OK button at the bottom right corner of the window. You will see your image updated with Portraiture in Photoshop.
- To make further adjustments or edits, you can use Photoshop’s tools and features as usual. For example, you can use layers, masks, brushes, filters, adjustments, or effects to fine-tune your portrait.
- To create more creative effects with Portraiture, you can experiment with different presets, settings, or combinations of filters and adjustments. For example, you can use Portraiture with other plugins like Topaz Studio, Nik Collection, or Luminar AI to create stunning portraits with different styles and moods.
Portraiture is a powerful plugin for Adobe Photoshop that can help you retouch and enhance your portraits. It is easy to use and produces professional-looking results. If you are serious about portrait photography, then Portraiture is a must-have plugin.