How To Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome | Shortcut to Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome
Google Chrome is a web browser developed and released by Google in 2008. It is used to access the internet and contains many built-in tools, such as an address bar for searching, a bookmark bar for bookmarks, etc.
What is a Bookmarks Bar?
The Chrome Bookmarks Bar appears below the browser’s Omnibox. It shows your bookmarks, which allow you to navigate to any page with just one click. Chrome does not allow bookmarks to quickly access web pages. The bookmarks bar can’t be removed from new tab pages or the home page.
If your bookmark toolbar takes up too much screen space, learn how to hide the bookmark bar chrome in this free guide. It is easy to hide the bookmark bar in Chrome. Follow these steps:
How To Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome in Five Different Methods
1. How To Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome By Disabling the Bookmarks Bar
In version 69, Google introduced the ability to disable the bookmark bars. If you’re using an older version of Chrome, you should upgrade to the most recent version of Chrome to take advantage of this option.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your PC. To access the menu choices, click the Chrome menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Near the bottom of the drop-down menu, choose “Settings.” The settings dialog box will display.
- Navigate to the main settings menu (3 horizontal lines on the top-left corner of the screen). This will bring up the configuration choices.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Appearance.”
- On the “Appearance” screen, deselect the “Show bookmarks bar” checkbox. The switch will turn white, hide the bookmarks bar on the screen.
2. How To Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome Using the Bookmarks Menu Option
- Launch Chrome and head to the settings icon in the top-left corner to access the menu choices.
- Hover your mouse over “Bookmarks.” The menu will be extended to the left as a result of this. Uncheck the “Show Bookmarks Bar” option on the menu list to remove the Google bookmarks bar from your browser screen.
3. How To Hide Bookmark Bar Chrome Using keyboard shortcuts
- Launch the Chrome web browser;
- Right-click on the bookmark bar with the pointer;
- The drop-down menu will be shown;
- Scroll down the menu until you see “Show bookmarks bar” (with a checkmark next to it);
- Tap it to make the tick vanish. The bookmark toolbar should also be hidden.
- Shortcut to hide bookmark bar chrome – Ctrl + Shift + B.
4. Using Windows key + R Permanently Disable the Bookmark Bar in Google Chrome’s New Tab Page
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time.
- Enter Regedit and press OK.
- Navigate to the following place in the Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome
- Select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value from the context menu when you right-click on the Chrome key.
- Change the value’s name to BoomarkBarEnabled.
- Select Modify from the context menu when you right-click on the BookmarkBarEnabled value.
- Type 0 into the Data area and press OK.
- The bookmark bar is no longer accessible when you reload Google Chrome and open a new tab.
You can’t enable or disable the bookmark bar from the Chrome settings once you have disabled it from the Registry Editor.
5. Move Bookmarks to another location
- Launch Google Chrome.
- To open the bookmark management page, press Ctrl+SHIFT+O simultaneously.
- To select all bookmarks, use Ctrl + A.
- Press Ctrl + X to remove all bookmarks from this location.
- Now, on the left menu, select Other Bookmarks.
- Press CTRL + V to paste all of the bookmarks you copied in the previous step into this folder.
You can now access all of your bookmarks by clicking on other bookmarks. You may even rename it if you like.
Finally, you have learned how to hide the bookmark bar in chrome and if you have any questions, use the comment session below