This article will show you how to change location on Facebook using a computer, phone, or tablet. If you’ve just relocated, changing your city on Facebook can help you personalize the information you see to your exact location.
Why do we need to change our Facebook location?
Today, Facebook is the most popular social networking platform in the world, offering a plethora of geo-specific services. The following are some of the most important features for spoofing Facebook locations that you may come across.
- On Facebook, you may change your location to receive better search results for people, places, businesses, and on and on.
- By changing your location, you may boost the exposure of your advertising on the Marketplace and learn about tons of advertising placed elsewhere.
- By changing your location, you may get access to various restricted groups and features on Facebook.
- If you use Facebook Dating, you may access more profiles and communicate with more people by changing your location.
How Do I Change My Facebook Location Using Its Native Interface?
On its app and desktop platforms, Facebook offers a plethora of features for changing our location. You may modify your Facebook location to receive better search results and easy access to options in the Marketplace and Dating features. Ideally, there are many methods to change your Facebook location that you may attempt using the following methods:
#1. How to Change Location on Facebook Using a Computer
- Go to Facebook https://www.facebook.com/. If you haven’t previously logged in, do so immediately by following the on-screen instructions.
- Click your name. It’s in the upper-right corner of the page, next to your profile picture in a smaller size. This will lead you to your Facebook profile.
- Click Edit Profile from the menu. It’s located in the upper-right corner of your profile, just below your DP.
- Click Edit Your About Info. It is located near the bottom of the window.
- Locations where I’ve lived. It’s located on the left side of the website in the “About” panel.
- Click “Lives in” by clicking the three horizontal dots next to it. This may be found on the right side of the page.
- On the menu, click Edit Current City.
- Choose a new city in place of the old one. Simply click in the box, backspace or delete the city name, and enter a new location.
- Search results will show as you type. When you’ve found the city you’d want to utilize, click it to select it.
- Click the blue Save button. Your new location is now available.
- Configure who can view your location. To control who can see your location, first glide the mouse cursor over the privacy icon to the right of your city’s name—the icon is either a globe (public), or a lock (only you can see it).
Two overlapping profile heads (only your buddies can see it, or friends except for acquaintances if one head is dimmer), two overlapping cards (acquaintances), or a gear (custom). This indicates your current degree of privacy. To change it, click the symbol and choose another option.
#2. How to Change Location on Facebook Using the Facebook Mobile App (Android)
1. Launch the Facebook app. It’s a symbol with a white “F” on a blue background.
If you haven’t already logged in, enter your email address (or phone number) and password and click Log In.
2. Tap on your profile picture. It’s located in the upper-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap the pencil icon. It’s located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
4. Tap the Edit button next to “Details.” It may be necessary to scroll down a bit to view it.
5. Tap the pencil icon next to “Current City.” It’s at the bottom of the page.
Tap the Add current city option instead if you don’t have a city specified as your current city.
6. Change the location of the current city. Tap the current city’s name, then backspace or delete the text. After that, begin inputting the name of your new location. Tap it to select it when it appears in the search results.
If you wish to completely remove your current city, delete the city’s name, tap Save, and then tap Delete to confirm.
If you’d prefer not to have your current location shown on your profile, select Sharing With instead.
7. Determine who will be able to view your city. By default, your current location is public, but you may change it if you like. Tap the small menu directly below the city name and select an option, such as Friends if you only want your friends to be able to view the city or Only me if you want to keep it private.
8. Click the Save option. Your current city is now correct in the About section of your profile.
On iOS, open the Facebook app on your phone, then go to Settings & Privacy and tap on Settings.
Scroll down to the privacy area and select Location.
As indicated in the screenshot, click on Location and select your chosen setting; I prefer minimum tracking on my phone, so I chose “Don’t allow.” You may also configure this to access your location ‘Only while using the app.’
#3. Change Facebook Marketplace Location
The marketplace is a Facebook tool that allows us to purchase and sell items in our local community. If you are unable to change your location in Facebook Marketplace, then follow these steps to increase your possibilities as a buyer or seller.
- Open Facebook on your smartphone and go to the Marketplace tab. To view it in certain versions, click on More Options > Marketplace.
- On the right, you should see a “Change” or “Change Location” option. Simply tap it to bring up a map-like interface on the screen.
- In the search field, enter your new location and adjust your distance from the map. Finally, to change location on Facebook Marketplace, just click the “Apply” option.
That’s all there is to How to Change Location on Facebook; we welcome your feedback and contributions.