Facebook Turn Off Friend Suggestions | How Do I Get Facebook To Stop Suggesting Friends
Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. However, Facebook’s suggestion algorithm might not always be the best for you. It may suggest people who you don’t want to see more of on your newsfeed. Luckily, there’s an easy way to turn off friend suggestions on Facebook.
This article will explain how to turn off Facebook’s friend suggestions and will also provide tips to avoid seeing your friends’ updates. As you scroll through your Facebook News Feed today,
How To Stop Facebook Friend Suggestions
To help you make the most of Facebook, I’ll walk you through the steps to follow on the Facebook app and on the Facebook website.
Facebook Turn Off Friend Suggestions For Mobile Devices (Android or iOS/iPhone) As Well As iPad)
1. Tap the hamburger menu icon located in the upper-right corner.
2. Click Settings, and scroll to the bottom, and select Notification settings.
3. Select “People you may know” in the notification settings.
4. Turn off the “Allow notifications on Facebook” option. Alternatively, if you need to block specific types of notifications (e.g., SMS notifications, push notifications, emails), you can do so in place.
5. Click “Turn Off” in order to save the changes.
Read | Facebook Dating on Desktop: Find Love and Friends Nearby
Through the Facebook.com website
You may deactivate suggestions for friends in your account settings if you use Facebook’s desktop site on a Windows or Mac. To accomplish this,
1. Go to Facebook.com and sign in to your account.
2. Once you’ve logged in, you can click the down arrow icon located in the upper-right corner.
3. From the drop-down menus, choose Settings and Privacy.
4. Select settings.
5. On the left side of your Facebook account’s Settings menu, select “Notifications.”
6. In the “Notifications Settings” menu, select “People You May Know.”
7. Facebook suggests friends to you in a variety of ways. Click the slider next to the different options provided if you want to halt particular friend suggestions (but not the in-app suggestions) (including push messages, emails, and messages via SMS).
8. If you wish to block any friend’s suggestion on Facebook, click the slider beside the “Allow Notifications on Facebook” choice. This will shut off all notifications.
Facebook will no longer suggest other user accounts for you to add as friends on the Facebook website or in the Facebook mobile app if you disable this setting. If you want to add friends to Facebook, you’ll have to look for them and directly add them.
Read: Facebook Marketplace Fresno App | New Updates!
Regarding Apple products
Follow these steps if you wish to prevent unwanted social media attention from strangers in your area. To turn off the function in iOS,
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Choose Privacy.
3. Go to the Location Services section.
4. Click on “Facebook.”
5. After you have chosen Facebook,
6. Click on “Never” from the menu of options to deny access to your location
While you won’t be able to stop Facebook from recommending your profiles to others, it is possible to modify your privacy settings to manage who is able to find you on the site. If you’ve got a question, then feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.
Links to Follow
How to Disable Friend Suggestions on Facebook
The Facebook Files, Part 6: The Whistleblower