Signing into and using AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) used to be really straightforward – just ‘Sign In’ to your Aim.com email account, click to your AIM Mail mailbox, then use AIM to chat to your contacts by identifying them in the left pane.
Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. Since AIM’s demise in December 2017, AIM users have been unable to use instant messenger by simply logging into their AIM.com or AOL Mail accounts.
So, if you’re having trouble with the AIM mail login and are irritated because the AIM.com mail login is no longer working, don’t worry; we’re here to assist.
What is AIM?
AIM was a chat service that could be accessed through PCs, mobile devices, and web browsers. You could use your AOL account to quickly chat with any of your connections.
Aim mail provides basically free online storage, a good spam protection system, and an easy-to-use UI.
AIM not only supported one-on-one and group IMs, but it could also link to your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, YouTube, Foursquare, and others) to display your feeds, trade files, and exchange location updates.
If you had an outdated phone that didn’t support the mobile app, you could send and receive text messages with your buddy list through SMS using the AIM for TXT service.
It may also be accessed using AIM Mail (AOL Mail). There was formerly a chat component that linked with AIM, allowing you to read both emails and chat messages in one spot.
While it lacks certain productivity features like labels, smart folders, and message threading, it compensates for this by providing IMAP and POP access and integrates chats as well social networking service.
Other enhancements that have been introduced throughout the years include:
- AIM Express is a stripped-down, browser-based communicator for users who do not want to utilize the standalone software.
- Pages on AIM: Create an internet presence.
- AIM IM in real-time: View the other person’s typing in real-time.
- AIM for the mobile: Text messages to mobile phones
AIM Mail Description
- AIM Mail features WAP, POP, IMAP, and Mobile AIM Mail software that allows you to access your AIM Mail account from your mobile device.
- AIM Mil is a web-based email service offers unlimited storage plus POP and IMAP connectivity.
- AIM Mail features a good spam filtering system that helps filter unwanted mail and places it in your Spam folder.
- One of the benefits of Aim mail is that it offers spam protection as well as solid security features.
- AIM Mail protects your privacy and computer’s security by blocking remote pictures and links in emails from unknown senders.
- AIM Mail Lifestream integrates updates from many social networks into AIM Mail and allows you to publish to these sites as well.
- AIM Mail has rich HTML formatting, chat, and SMS tools that make it extremely easy to create mail.
- AIM Mail has a built-in contact book and a browser-based AIM instant messaging client.
- AIM Mail makes it simple to set up auto-replies, notifying senders of your absence and the length of time you will be gone.
- AIM Mail has a calendar and allows you to simply convert emails into events or to-do items easily.
How to Register for AIM Mail
- To begin, use any browser on your mobile device.
- Next, enter www.aim.com as the URL.
- Click Create a free Aim account by entering your names (first and last name)
- Enter an existing email address or create a new one.
- Make and confirm a password
- Enter your birth date and gender.
- Choose a security question and respond to it
- Input a mobile phone number, then write what you see in the picture in the area where you typed your mobile number. If you don’t see the characters in the image clearly, change the image, agree to the terms and conditions, and then click. Register
How to Access Your AIM Mail Account
The date on which the email service provider announces the termination of its email service. It put out a brief video to its users saying goodbye to the service. As a result, the only way to access AIM Mail is through the AOL service. Using the easy steps below
- Visit it web page mail.aim.com, which will take you to the official AOL page.
- Then, at the top of the page, click the Login symbol.
- After that, enter your email address and click Next.
- Then enter your AIM screen name and password and press the Login button.
After successfully signing in to your AIM account, your AIM Buddy List will appear on the right side of your email. All of your AIM contacts will be shown as pals in this list, and merely choosing the entry for any of them will enable you to send instant messages and text messages to them.
Alternatives to AIM
AOL never developed an alternative AIM chat software, but there are several other apps, services, and desktop programs that function similarly to AIM.
AIM Phoenix is one intriguing replacement. It is not linked with AOL or Verizon Communications, but rather a server that enables various versions of AIM to continue to function. The company’s website provides AIM client downloads as well as instructions for connecting to the server.
Other instant messaging services continue to function normally, and they do not require altering server settings or downloading archived programs. Facebook Messenger is a popular one that can be accessed through phones, tablets, desktop computers, and web browsers. Some additional examples include WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Yahoo Mail, Snapchat, and Kik.
Is it still possible to get the AIM Mail App?
On the contrary, many individuals are still hunting for instructions on how to download the AIM Mail software. As previously stated, AIM Mail is no longer available, as is the AIM Mail mobile app. As a result of the fact that AIM Mail is now AOL Mail, As a result, you may want to install the AOL Mail app on your smartphone.
To get the AOL Mail app:
AIM has applications for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Mac, and Windows devices. When you choose one of those alternatives, you will be sent to a sign-in page for one of these applications.
- You can access the mobile app store from any internet-connected device.
- Then, using the search box, look for the program and press enter.
- After that, you have the option of clicking Install or Get.
The following step, on the other hand, is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Finally, after downloading the app, you may either login to your existing AIM account or establish a new AOL email account using the mobile app.
- How can I get rid of my AIM/AOL account?
- What is the difference between my AOL/AIM Mail pages?
If you are dissatisfied with the look, you may change the settings in AOL Mail. To personalize the view, for example, go to Choices > Customize and choose the options you want to apply. Alternatively, navigate to Options > Mail Settings and select the tab for the settings you want to modify, such as General, Compose, or Calendar.