How to Clear Reddit History
So you want to clear your Reddit history but don’t know how? It’s really easy to do so, and there are a couple of ways to do it.
- The first way to do it is by going to your profile and clicking on the “preferences” button. That will take you to the screen where you can either clear all of your history or just your most recent posts.
- The second way to do it is by going to the settings tab in the “subreddits” section and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. One of the settings will say “clear cache”. Clicking that will clear your history.
Is Reddit tracking your data?
Yes, Reddit does keep track of data. When you sign in to Reddit and establish an account, the website records your activity and shows it on your profile page. This includes the number of times you’ve contributed material, the sort of content you’ve submitted, and the number of times you’ve interacted with other site users.
Reddit collects information about its users.
How to Clear Reddit History Mobile?
If you wish to delete Reddit history from your mobile device, follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to Reddit after launching the app.
- Tap the menu symbol in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap “Settings.”
- Tap “History & Privacy.”
- Tap “Clear All History” under “History.”
- Tap on “Delete” to confirm.
- Make sure the toggle next to “History” is turned off under “Privacy.”
- Tap “Done.”
Using the Reddit History Delete Extension, you may delete your Reddit history.
Using the Reddit History Nuking extension, you can delete your posts automatically. Please keep in mind that this approach only works with Chrome. In a few simple steps, here’s how to delete Reddit history using an extension:
- Navigate to the Chrome Extensions website or click here
- You should now be on the “Nuke Reddit History” extension page. Click “Add to Chrome.” This extension will be downloaded and installed on your Google Chrome web browser.
- Once the extension has been successfully downloaded and installed in Chrome, click the newly added orange icon, which can be found on the Chrome Toolbar or Extension Menu. Select “Overwrite & Delete All My Comments” and/or “Delete All My Posts” from the extension icon.
- All of your Reddit posts and comments will now be deleted automatically. If you have several Reddit accounts, this extension will automatically apply to the one to which you are currently signed in.
Unlike the manual technique, you will not be prompted with a confirmation pop-up. So, think twice before you plunge.
How to Delete Reddit History on Your iPhone
The procedure of deleting Reddit history on the iPhone is almost identical to that of the Android version. Follow these steps to delete Reddit history from your iPhone.
- Launch the Reddit app and sign in with your account and password.
- Click on your profile symbol in the upper left top of your screen, or slide from left to right.
- At the bottom of your iPhone’s screen, tap “Settings.”
- Scroll down the list of options and select “Clear local history.”
- You will be prompted with a pop-up asking you to confirm your selection. To continue, tap “Yes.” Your iPhone’s Reddit history has been deleted.
You should be aware of the steps to follow if you want to delete Reddit posts and comments by now. But what about the search history on Reddit? We’ve got you covered. Continue reading to learn how to clear your Reddit search history.
How to Clear Reddit History From the “My Profile” Page?
If you wish to delete your Reddit history, go to the “My Profile” tab.
- Select “My Profile” from the menu by clicking on the gear symbol in the top right corner of any Reddit page.
- Scroll down to the “History & Cache” section on the “My Profile” page and click the “Delete all my activity data” button.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete your history. To continue, click the “Yes, I want to delete my history” button.
- Your Reddit history will be deleted, and you will no longer be able to view it via the “History” tab.
How to Hide Reddit Post History
Hide your Reddit history manually using your profile overview. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to do so:
- Click on your profile icon. It appears as a round blob in the top right corner of your screen.
- You should now see a drop-down menu. Click “Profile” from the list of options. This should take you to an “Overview” page with a history of your posts, comments, saved things, hidden items, upvoted posts or comments, and a history of awards you’ve gotten and given.
- Scroll through the posts to find the ones you wish to hide from your profile.
- Click “Hide” by clicking on the strike-through eye symbol.
- Your post will be hidden, and you will be prompted with the option to undo it. Unless you’ve changed your mind, leave it alone.
To see deleted Reddit posts click here
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about how to delete Reddit history. However, since it is a popular program, people want to know how to clear history.
How can I permanently delete my Reddit history for good?
To delete your Reddit history, go to your profile’s “Overview” section and remove posts one by one. On the other hand, you may delete your entire Reddit history at once by installing the ” Reddit History” extension for Google Chrome and using it to rapidly delete your complete history, including your posts and comments.
Is it possible to delete Reddit history?
To delete your Reddit history, go to your profile’s “Overview” section and delete posts one by one. You may also use a Chrome extension called “Nuke Reddit History” to delete your whole Reddit history at once.
Is it possible for anybody to access my Reddit history?
Yes, since Reddit is a forum platform, all of your comments and posts’ history is much more public for everyone to view. You may, however, opt to hide particular comments or posts from being viewed by everyone.
How to clear Reddit history on iPhone?
Click on your profile symbol in the top-left of your screen in the Reddit app, then select “Settings.” Scroll down and tap “Clear local history.” Tap “Clear local history” again to confirm.
What is Reddit used for?
Reddit is a social media website that allows users to post links, photos, and text. It may be used for a multitude of objectives, including keeping up with current events, networking with other professionals, and discovering new and fascinating material.
Can I delete my iPhone’s Reddit history?
How to Clear Reddit History from an iPhone (local history) Open the Reddit app. In the top left, tap the profile symbol. To confirm, tap Clear Local History at the bottom of the screen.
How can I get rid of my Reddit history?
Open the Reddit app. In the top-left corner, click your profile symbol. At the bottom of the screen, select Settings. Tap Clear local history as you scroll down. You saw it was as simple as you were reading.
Is it possible to completely delete my Reddit history?
Yes, if you opt to delete your Reddit history, you will not be able to restore it. On the platform, all history removals are permanent.
Who is the most active on Reddit?
There is no one response to this question since Reddit is utilized by individuals of different ages and backgrounds for a wide range of purposes. Some people use it to keep up with current events and news, while others use it to locate funny or amusing stuff to share with their friends, and still, others use it to participate in intelligent debates about a wide range of issues. Reddit seems to be most popular among young adults and persons in their early twenties.
How can I get rid of the Reddit app history?
To delete the most recent history (cookies or surfing), go to settings – history and pick the option that clears your browser’s data. For best results, Android users should go to their “instant applications” menu.
What happens if you use Reddit without creating an account?
You can only browse public postings on Reddit if you don’t have an account. This means you won’t be able to read posts that are only available to logged-in users or ones that the author has hidden. You will also be unable to comment or vote on posts.
Whether you’re new to Reddit or a seasoned Redditor, your top responsibility on the internet should be preserving your privacy. Hide all of your Reddit posts and comments to maintain your private virtual existence on Reddit.
Unfortunately, this is not possible by default on Reddit. Delete your entire Reddit account as a workaround for deleting your history.
However, deleting a Reddit history is not difficult. Understand that whether you are utilizing the Reddit application from a browser or an application, there must be a deleting option from these sources as well.
You may use your profile to clear the local history, the Reddit Extension to delete the history all at once, or the browser.
To delete your history, just launch the Reddit program. In the top-left corner, tap on your profile symbol. At the bottom of the screen, select Settings. Tap Clear local history as you scroll down.