How to Share Data on MTN – Everything You Need To Know
Do you have extra information you would like to give to the other MTN users? Have you heard about MTN Data Transfers? MTN Data Share is utilized by both new and current MTN prepaid and postpaid customers. MTN network.
There are a few ways that you can share your data on MTN. In this article, we’ll walk you through each of them so that you can choose the one that’s best for you.
Here are 3 methods for how to share data on MTN
1. Share your data with MTN Data Gifting.
The MTN Gift Data service lets you send data directly from the active data balance to your friends, buy data for friends, and ask for data from your friends. You can use the service to transfer or buy data bundles for your other devices, like smartphones, modems, and tablets.
Here’s how you can use this MTN Data Gifting service in four steps.
- You can call *123*3# and then answer with 7.
- After this, you’ll be presented with an array of options to select from. Transfer data to your balance, purchase something for someone else, or ask for data from a friend.
- Choose the option you want to select.
- You must enter the person’s MTN number and then choose the amount of data you prefer to share with the friend.
Be aware that you cannot share data twice daily; the maximum amount you can share per day is 200MB.
What you should be aware of regarding MTN Data Gifting
You are only able to transfer two times per day. The ranges of MB that you can transfer are 10MB, 50MB, or 100MB. Data transfer to your friends and family members is allowed. You can request data from a friend as well. It must have at least a 50MB balance of data after each transfer*. You can only purchase and transfer data using your daily, weekly, and monthly bundles. However, you won’t be able to give data to others from any XtraValue bundle. There is no need for an account number to make this transfer.
2. How to Share/Transfer MTN Data Using Short Code
You can transfer or share MTN information using the shortcodes listed below.
Transfer data: you can transfer data from your current data balance to your friends and family: Simply dial *131*Phone number* data amount#, or send a text message to the TransferPhone number data amount, and then to the number 131
Purchase Data for Friends: You may purchase a specific bundle for your friend only and be charged for your airtime. You can connect to *131*Bundle Activation Code*Beneficiary’s phone number#
Make a Request for Data from a friend If you are stuck or are without data on your mobile. You can now ask to receive data from a friend. Just dial *131*7*3#.
View Pending Request: To review all of your current requests. Just dial *131*7*4#.
- Use MTN data to share via Hotspot.
3. Share MTN Data through a Hotspot
Finally, there’s an additional option to share MTN data with friends; however, it doesn’t have anything to do with being related to USSD codes or SMS as the other methods.
It’s easy; follow the steps below to establish an internet connection to your phone.
How to Create a Mobile Hotspot
- Go to the settings menu of your smartphone.
- Click “More” within the “Wireless and Network” section.
- Click on the “Hotspot & Tethering” menu.
- Click the “Mobile Hotspot” option to modify your settings as needed.
- Rename the mobile hotspot and password.
- Make sure to check for the “Mobile Hotspot” box to activate the hotspot.
- Make a connection to the wireless hotspot using another device.
Frequently Asked Questions On How To Share Data On MTN
The following are commonly asked questions regarding how to get data transferred using MTN. I’m sure you’ve got a few in your head.
Do I require a PIN to access the gift data service offered by MTN? Gift Data Service?
No. It is only necessary to enter the number of your beneficiary and select a data plan to use the service.
What amount of data can I transfer at one time?
The amount of data you can transfer at once is 10MB, 50MB, or 100MB. But, it is essential to ensure that you have at least 50MB available in your data balance at the end of each transfer for the data transfer to go smoothly.
How many times do I need to transfer data in one day?
The maximum amount that you may transfer twice per day. However, the maximum amount you can transfer at any given period and throughout the day is 100 MB.
My data will auto-renew on the day that it expires?
You’ll only be capable of auto-renewing the bundle purchased for you by texting an opt-in code to 131. However, the bundle you transferred to you won’t auto-renew and will be in effect until the date of expiration.
Am I charged extra charges for using MTN’s Gift Data services?
No! You’ll only be charged for your data plan if you purchase someone else.
What is the code that will transfer information from MTN into MTN?
It is possible to do this using the MTN Data transfer code*131*2*3#.MTN transfer code enables users to share or transfer MB to family members, friends or loved ones.
How can I transfer my data from MTN into MTN?
To configure MTNDataShare
- Dial *136*2*163# and purchase a data bundle.
- Dial *136*5# to activateMTNDataShare.
- Select option 4: ‘ManageDataBundles’
- Choose option 2: DataShare (here, it is possible to link and delink numbers).
I hope you’ve learned how to share MTN data or transfer data using MTN. Enjoy the Data bundle and share it with loved ones. This post will be updated promptly should there be any changes in the MTN data sharing procedure.