Have you got a multi monitor setup and you want to learn how to screenshot only one monitor? In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of doing that with Windows 10 for dual screen. We will also demonstrate how to take a screenshot of your entire computer screen including the two monitors. Find out how!
How To Screenshot Only One Monitor using Snipping Tool
If you’re using just one monitor and would like to take snapshots of the monitor, there’s a straightforward method to accomplish this without the need to install another software. Here’s how:
1. Open Snipping Tool. It’s an application that comes pre-installed with Windows 10 and can be located by searching it within the menu bar called Start.
2. Within the Snipping Tool, select the “New” option in the top left
3. When you click “New” after which you will be presented with a menu that gives you a variety of options to select from:
Simply click to drag the crosshair symbol adjacent to the word “Free-form Snip” over the part of the screen that you wish to capture. When you release the mouse button the area you have selected will be captured, and then automatically opened within the Snipping Tool to edit further:
4. If you want to save the screenshot, go to File > Save As, and then select the destination to save the image on your personal computer. Name the image file title and click Save.
All that’s left is
How To Screenshot Only One Monitor using the Print Screen Key
If you’re using just one monitor and you want to take screenshots of only the monitor, you could utilize to print using the Print Screen key. Here’s how:
1. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. This will take everything on screen. Save it onto your clipboard.
2. Create a new document using Word as well as any of the other Word processing programs.
3. Copy the screenshot using Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
4. Save the document in a JPEG as well as a PNG file.
5. You could also utilize this Snipping Tool to modify the screenshot and save the screenshot if you would like.
This is all there is to it! Screenshots by Windows
How To Screenshot Only One Monitor using Snip and Sketch
If you’re working with a single monitor and would like to take screenshots from just the monitor, you could also make use of the Snip Sketch App. Here’s how:
1. Open Snip & Sketch. It’s a pre-installed application for Windows 10 and can be located by searching for it on the start menu.
2. Click the New button located in the upper left corner of the screen:
3. When you click “New” After clicking “New,” you’ll be presented with a menu that gives you the option of choosing from:
Simply click then drag the crosshair symbol adjacent to “Screen Snip” over the part of the screen you would like to capture. When you release the mouse the area you have selected will be recorded and then automatically is opened up within Snip & Sketch to allow further editing:
4. For you to save the screenshot, click on File > Save As and select the destination in your system. The file should be given a title and press Save.
5. You could also utilize Snipping Tool to edit and save the screenshot. Snipping Tool to modify the screenshot and save the screenshot if you wish to.
This is all there is to it! Screenshot by Windows 10
Can I take a screenshot of one screen using the Print Screen button?
Sadly, when there are two or more monitors, you cannot use the Print Screen button to capture only one of them.
The Print Screen button can only take a snapshot of a window or fullscreen (all screens under multi-screens).
If you’re ready to take a screenshot of an app from one display, you may still use the Print Screen button in combination with another key on your keyboard.
To capture a window from one monitor, use the Print Screen button:
To assist your Print Screen button in locating the target window, use your cursor to click on it.
Then, simultaneously press the Print Screen and Alt buttons to capture the content of the selected window.
The generated image will be copied to the clipboard; you must first paste it.
Screenshots taken on Windows 10 are one of the easiest tasks to complete, and even though many struggles with this but you will find it very easy after having read this article. These steps will assist you in figuring out the best way to capture the screenshot of only one monitor.
If you have trouble There are plenty of other tools to assist you in taking a screenshot using the Windows 10 monitor screen. These apps include Windows Snipping Tool that we have discussed previously along with additional third-party screen capture applications like ShareX, Greenshot, TinyTake, FastStone, Screenshot Captor, etc.
Each of the tools mentioned can accomplish the task however some have more alternatives. If you have any other issues or are unsure of how to take a screenshot of a monitor contact us.