How to Change Language on iPhone For All Devices
The iPhone has impressive support for languages. If you’re bilingual, on an iPhone you’re able to choose additional languages, such as French as well as Spanish. A change in your primary language can provide an opportunity to test new skills while you are learning the language of your choice.
It is easy to change the language on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Stay with us as we show you how to access the language settings to choose the preferred language.
If you want to change the language that is displayed on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, follow the easy steps below.
How do you change your iPhone’s Language Settings?
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap General
- Choose Language & Region.
- After that, Tap Device Language,
- Finally, select the language you want the phone to use.
When you have added multiple languages, your applications and instructions will be displayed within the language you have chosen as your default language, but you can dictate or spell check in different languages. Your keyboard will change between the languages you have selected. Just tap an icon of the globe on the keyboard to switch your keyboard language.
By pressing the icon for the globe on the keyboard, you’ll be in a position to switch the language that you’re typing into.
If you’ve got different languages installed on your phone, you’ll have another option of changing the language that is used by your iPhone.
- On the Language & Region menu, select Edit in the upper-right corner.
- Hold and tap the three-bar icon for the language you wish to convert to your primary.
- Press the three-bar icon to drag the language up to the top of your list.
- A pop-up will appear asking whether you want to accept the change in language and then your phone will update your settings.
Select the preferred language of your choice, then drag it up to the very top and then confirm the switch.
How to Change Language on iPhone keyboard
The iPhone’s keyboard should change between languages automatically. However, in the event that it doesn’t, you can include additional language in your selection of keyboards. It is also possible to switch between two languages on the keyboard.
- Start the Settings app, or go back to Settings menu in the primary menu.
- Tap General.
- Select Keyboard under General settings.
- Click Keyboards to the right of your screen.
- Click to Add New Keyboard…
- Choose the new keyboard language.
If you’d like to eliminate one of the keyboards available, then click Edit on the right side of the screen, then press the Delete button beside the keyboard. The button for deleting appears as the red minus symbol. After deleting the keyboard, press Done.
Switch between keyboards by pressing the Keyboard button once the keyboard is visible at the top of the screen. The keyboard button appears as an icon that is located in between the 123 key as well as the microphone buttons.
How to change the language of Siri
It is possible that it is odd that Siri doesn’t alter when you switch the language on your iPhone. Siri is also compatible with several different languages. For certain languages, it is able to create some popular accents. The ability to change Siri’s language is simpler than changing languages on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app, or go back to the Settings menu in the main menu if you are in the app.
- You can go back to the menu’s main page by hitting the back button located in the upper left corner until you return to the menu. The back button displays as an “(<)” sign and is followed by the name of the previous menu.
- Tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down, and then choose Language.
- Select your preferred language, and then confirm the language you want to use.
- Click the back button to return to Siri settings.
- Choose Siri voice.
- Choose your gender, accent and that’s it.
What happens when you change the language of your iPhone?
The whole process takes only about a minute, and after that, all text displayed in menus will be in the updated language, and within apps that support the language. The change in your language setting will also switch the language used by the iPhone’s keyboard. However, it provides easy access to characters with accents that are required in various languages.
But you might need to alter your language settings for Siri, to ensure that it does not switch automatically to a different language.
The iPhone supports more than 30 languages and dialects of many of these languages, so you don’t have to be restricted to only American English. There’s also UK English, Canadian English as well as Singapore English. Also, you can select from French as well as Canadian French, Spanish, or Latin American Spanish, Portuguese or Brazil Portuguese and so on.