How Do You See Archived Messages on Messenger
How do you find or delete archived messages on messenger from your inbox? This article is not only for you to learn how to free your Facebook inbox while preserving messages. but also learn how to retrieve Facebook messages in this blog post.
You can find archived Facebook messages by following the instructions below. Facebook messages can be accessed via Messenger.com and Facebook.
This article applies to both the mobile version and the desktop version of Facebook accessed via a web browser.
- By swiping left on the chat and selecting Archive, you can archive a conversation from your phone or tablet.
- On PC, click the three dots at the bottom of the chat to archive it.
How to archive a conversation in Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger conversations must be archived through the Messenger desktop app, not the Messenger mobile application.
- Log into Facebook from a computer.
- From the list of names displayed in the left-hand corner of the screen, select the conversation that you want to archive.
- Hover over the name to see the gear-shaped icon and simply tap the shape.
- Select “Archive” in the dropdown menu to archive your conversation.
Please keep in mind that after you’ve archived a chat, it will reappear in your inbox if you chat the person or they message you.
Find Archived Messages on Messenger or Facebook
You can also follow these steps to manually access your archived messages. (If you use Messenger.com, skip Step 3).
- Open messages on Facebook.com
- Scroll to the bottom of your message window and select “See all the Messengers.”
- To open another dropdown menu, click on the Settings icon (the small gear to the left of the large “Messenger”) once you are in the Chats screen.
- Click “Archived Threads” from the dropdown menu. The dropdown menu will allow you to click “Archived Threads”.
How to view archived messages on Facebook Messenger on mobile
- Open the Messenger app on your phone.
- To view archived conversations within Messenger, you will need to use the search bar at the top of the screen to type in the name of the person the conversation was with.
- Tap the name of the contact whose archived discussion you want to read, and Messenger will display every message you’ve ever written with that person, along with the archived ones.
Notify that messages can be automatically unarchived by simply sending another message to the recipient within that conversation thread. This will move the conversation back to your main email. This is true for both desktop and mobile conversations.
Search for specific keywords in an archived Facebook.com conversation (not via Messenger app) using the “Search in Conversations” options located on the right-hand corner of the open conversation. This trick also works for conversations within your main inbox.
Messenger Update: Unarchived Messages
Many people ask if they can undo archive chats. This guide will help you retrieve deleted messages from Facebook Messenger.
You can first search for the name of the person, then select the conversation you wish to send, and then click Send a message. This method will allow you to search for all archived chats and unarchive them.
Tap your profile picture in the top-left corner of the Messenger app. Next, tap Archived Chats. Tap and hold any chat you wish to unarchive or hide. Click Unarchive to finish. Now, the conversation will appear in Messenger’s main Chats list. This is applicable to both single chats and group chats.
Messenger’s latest update: Unarchived Chats
Open a web browser on your phone and visit messenger.com. You will then see login options. Log in to your account and tap the three dots at the top right. Next, click Hidden Chats. You will see the archive chats, choose one and send a message. Go to Messenger, and you’ll see the chat that was recently unarchived at the top.
The archive chat function is a useful feature that allows you to hide conversations from your Messenger inbox. You can still access the archived messages later if necessary. However, deleting a conversation may permanently removes the conversation.
In most cases, you might not be able to retrieve the conversation. That’s why it’s a good idea to archive messages from people you don’t intend to connect with anytime soon. To keep your Messenger inbox tidy and organized, you can archive any unwanted group or individual chats.