PS4 Controller Flashing White – PS4 Controller Blinking
Have you ever being in a situation where your ps4 controller starts flashing white light, if that is why you are here you should rejoice. Because in this write up are:
- Why is PS4 controller flashing white Light?
- How To fix PS4 controller flashing white light.
This occurrence happens very frequently, and there are easy ways to solve this problem. It is typically happening either because the controller’s battery is low or because of unexplained causes, the controller cannot connect to the console.
Why is my PS4 controller flashing white?
Two causes normally trigger the PS4 controller flickering white problem. One is because of the low power, so your PS4 controller has to be charged to make it back on track. The other explanation is that the controller attempts to connect to the Playstation 4. (s). But don’t panic, try the following approaches to repair the flickering white light on your PS4 controller
Check your USB cable
USB cables can be delicate. One of the easiest things to tackle is replacing the outdated USB charging cable and replacing it with new shiny ones. These USB charging cables fit well with the DualShock controller, and it’s worth picking up to make sure your cable doesn’t interrupt your controller from charging.
- If the replacements have arrived, connect the USB to PlayStation 4.
- Link your USB to the DualShock controller.
- If the light switches to blue or green, you’ll know it was the wire.
Using a second controller
Another workaround that fits certain people is the use of the second controller. We’ll use the second controller to make any adjustments to the configuration and then try attaching the original white flashing controller. If you don’t have another remote, you should borrow one from a friend of yours because this approach won’t work without it.
- Attach the second controller to the console correctly and make sure it operates. Using the second controller to go to Configuration > Systems > Bluetooth Devices. Now make sure that only the working controller is in this browser.
- Now push the Sharing button for 5 seconds or so on a controller that doesn’t work. Click the PS button at the same time before you see the light bar flickering twice every second or so.
- Now, after following both measures, you’ll see both controllers (Working: Greenlight, Connected; Not-working: No green light).
- Currently, using the working controller, pick a non-working controller and try to match it with the computer (show ‘Please wait’).
- You’ll be asked to connect to a new computer. Click Yes, and you’re going to be finished.
Pressing PS4 and Share Button
There’s another workaround that we should try before we start booting the system in Safe Mode. This workaround appeared after users were experimented and tested and posted around the Internet population. Please take the steps below.
- Click and hold the PS button and share it at the same time.
- Keep pressing all keys before your Play Station 4 is turned on.
- If the PS4 is turned on, verify that all controls are functioning and that the console responds to each instruction by the controller.
Many PS4 issues can be fixed by resetting the PS4 controller, e.g. PS4 flickering white light, PS4 Bluetooth question, PS4 not syncing or connecting. Meet the following instructions:
- Switch off the PlayStation 4.
- Find the reset button on the back of your controller near the L2 shoulder button.
- Use a flat, unfolded paper clip or something like that to press the button and keep it down for a few seconds, and then release it.
- Once the controller has been reset, re-pair the controller with the PS4 by attaching the USB cable correctly and switching the PS4 on.
- To log in to the PS4, click the PS button.
Your controller can connect to your PC4 console and start running.
Update your controller driver to your PC
If the system driver on your computer is incomplete or out of date, it can create issues when using your PS4 controller. You should try upgrading your PS4 driver to your PC to repair it.
First of all, you would need to uninstall the system and driver on your screen, and then reinstall the device and driver to get a full upgrade.
- At the same time, press the Windows logo to start the Run box on your keyboard.
- On your keyboard type this command devmgmt.msc, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Right-click your browser, and click Delete the device.
- Check the box next to Delete Driver Program for this unit, and press Uninstall (If you are using Windows 7 & 8, click OK).
- Unplug your system from your computer and restart your computer.
Reinstall your Windows PS4 system and driver
- After restarting your PC, re-plug your PS4 into your PC, it will be identified by your computer and the system will be installed for you.
- You will need to install the right driver for your computer. There are two choices for downloading a system driver on your computer.
Tip: If you are using it to play PS4 games, it is recommended that you install a dedicated driver to boost your experience.
Choice 1 – Manually: You should go to the manufacturer’s website to find the right driver for your system and install it on your computer. This could take time and programming skills
Choice 2 – Automatically (recommended): If you do not have time or skills, you can try Drivereasy to download and update the right drivers for you.
Use DualShock 4 for PS5
DualShock 4 controllers are PS5 compliant. For the simplest way to connect to your controller, simply plug it in with the USB charging cord. Bear in mind that although DualShock 4 is running on PS5, it is only compatible with PS4 games by backward compatibility. You can’t play PS5 games with the DualShock 4 controller.
Start your PS4 from safe mode
Many PS4 users find it very convenient to solve the problem by starting the PS4 from Safe Mode. Secure Mode helps you to launch the machine with the most simple features. The Safe Mode menu options will help you fix problems and allow your PlayStation 4 to start normally.
Note: By performing this move, all data and settings would be lost. Disable all user data and restore the PS4 as if it had just rolled out of the box. Remember to backup your data before you use this option.
Start Safe Mode to Reconstruct Database
This approach will help you search the drive and create a new archive containing all content. Depending on the form and number of data objects, this operation can take a long time.
- Click the Power button on the front panel to turn off the PlayStation 4. The power monitor will glow for a few moments before it is turned off.
- After you turn off your PS4, push and hold the Power button, and then unlock it after you hear two beeps: one when you first press and the other seven seconds after.
- Attach the DualShock 4 controller to the USB cable, then push the PS button on the controller.
- Enter Safe Mode and see 8 choices. Choose 5. Reconstruct the archive. Wait for it to end.
- Try using the PS4 again to see how it works.
If neither of the above measures is working, you can have a defective controller. It’s going to happen, particularly if your controllers aren’t treated with respect. My toddler still tries to use my controller as a hammer, and I’m pretty sure it’s not good. If that’s the case, you may need to return it to the store you ordered it from or pick up another one.