Do you want to learn how to delete Telegram account permanently, if yes, am glad to inform you that it is very easy to accomplish. Follow our steps by step guides in this article.
Furthermore, we will work you through the necessary steps to backup telegram data before you deactivate your account.
Telegram is a versatile messaging app that keeps your conversations secure and rich in functionality. But if you switch from Telegram to a new chat app, it’s best to uninstall your Telegram account before you go.
Read on to learn more about Telegram’s security issues and figure out how to permanently delete your account if that’s what you plan to do.
Privacy questions about the Telegram private messaging app were posted not long after it was launched in 2013. The default configuration of the app would not encrypt messages between you and the receiver. If you do not allow the secret Chat feature, your messages will be stored on the Telegram servers that are spread around the globe.
If you’ve wanted to leave Telegram because you have so many messaging applications or you’ve found another one, it could make sense to uninstall your Telegram account. Here are step-by-step instructions that teach you how to deactivate your Telegram account and how to uninstall your Telegram account.
Exporting Telegram Data
You may want to export your files, i.e. conversations, images, and other media, before deleting Telegram. You’ll need the latest update of Telegram Desktop to import the data in JSON or HTML formats. To export the data to:
- Open the Telegram Desktop and click ‘Settings.’
- Pick the ‘Export Telegram Info‘ option.
- Then pick ‘Export Chat History‘ and choose which sort of data you want to export.
- You can access your Telegram data offline now.
Step-By-Step Guide: How to delete Telegram Account
There are a variety of different ways to uninstall your Telegram password. You should know beforehand that it cannot be reversed until you have closed your password. Your conversations, contact lists, classes, etc. will be permanently deleted, except though you download Telegram again at a later date.
Deleting by Adjusting Self-Destruction Settings
Self-destruction is one of the security features of Telegram, which has the account erased after a certain time of inactivity. The default self-destruct period is six months of inactivity, but you can change that to a shorter period of time as follows:
- Sign in to your Telegram account on your mobile and click ‘settings.’
- Click on the ‘Privacy and Security‘ tab.
- Scroll down to ‘Delete My Account if I am Away For‘ and change to 1 month.
- If you refrain from using Telegram, your account will be deleted after the one-month span has expired, along with all your communications and contacts.
Adjusting the Self-Destruction settings allows you the opportunity to change your mind after the time of inactivity. Only use the talk software and the self-destruct period will be reset. If you don’t want to wait and you want to uninstall your Telegram account right now, read on.
Manually Deleting Telegram
There is no ‘delete account’ option in the Telegram app, it must be achieved with a web browser on your mobile device or on your server. Take such basic steps:
- Visit the Telegram Deactivation page and type your phone number in the proper international format.
- You will be asked to add a confirmation code that has been sent to your mobile number.
- You can insert a justification to quit on the next tab, if you like, before clicking ‘Done.’
- A pop-up questions, ‘Are you sure about that? ‘Click Yes, delete my account’ button.
- Your Telegram account is now deleted and you can uninstall the program from your browser.
It will take a few days before you will be able to build a new Telegraph account if you change your mind.