Do you want to know how to check BVN number on your phone? If so, you are in the right place. We are going to show you how to check BVN number on your mobile phone.
We will further explain how to check BVN numbers on different networks in Nigeria. But first, Do you know why the? See the About below.
The Central Bank of Nigeria has created a single biometric identification system as theft and fraudulent transactions have become a threat to the global banking system in recent times.
To ensure a credible relationship in the Nigerian banking system, the Central Bank of Nigeria launched the Bank Verification Number (BVN) project on 14 February 2014 in collaboration with all Nigerian banks.
BVN uniquely identifies each customer in the Nigerian banking industry using biometric details. This is required for bank account management in Nigeria as there are no withdrawals on valid BVN-free accounts (exemption for customers on migrant accounts as of January 31, 2016).
This means that you can be an officer for any bank account, but only one bank verification number represents all of them. All your financial information will be attached to it.
How To Check BVN Using Two Different Method
There are two ways to get your unique 11-digit number. The first is access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone and the Internet. But if you don’t have all the requirements above. Fortunately, there is another way. You can use your phone to quickly retrieve your Bank Verification Number.
How To Check BVN From Your Phone
In Nigeria, there is a universal phone number that you need to dial to know your bank verification number. Before making a request on your phone, make sure that you are using the phone number registered with the financial institution that received your BVN.
How to check BVN on MTN Powered Phones
- If your operator is MTN, dial USSD *565*0#, which is the code for BVN.
- At the moment, you will see your unique eleven digits on your phone screen.
- Keep in mind that this service is not free. The Internet Service Provider might deduct up to 20 Naira on your account. Therefore, it is recommended to save it somewhere without having to pay every time you need it.
How to check BVN on Airtel with your phone
- If you are an Airtel customer, the same code, *565*0#, will help you get the score you want.
- You will receive a number as soon as the inquiry is sent.
- Up to 20 Naira will be withdrawn from your mobile account for inquiries.
How to check BVN on Etisalat with your phone
- If your operator is Etisalat (which is now 9mobile), you should have no problem here. Dial *565*0#.
- Wait until your number is displayed on your device screen.
- You will be charged for this. It is safe to have at least 20 Naira on your mobile phone account.
How to check BVN on Glo with your phone
- If you use Glo as your mobile operator and want to know how to check BVN on your phone, make sure you have enough money in your mobile account. You must pay at least 20 Naira for the investigation.
- Use your phone to dial *565*0#, which is the BVN code.
- At any time, the desired eleven digits will appear on your phone.
How To Obtain A BVN In Nigeria
Millions of Nigerians already have their bank verification numbers and enjoy the benefits of quick and easy transactions, but if you are not yet a BVN customer, here is how to get your BVN in Nigeria:
- Go to the nearest bank of your choice.
- Request the BVN Form and fill it out.
- Submit your form to the bank.
- Sample your biometric data (thumb or face) by the bank.
- Get your bank verification number within 24 hours of submitting the form.