Do you want to learn how to unfollow on Facebook? If so, you are in the right place. We will show you how to unfollow someone on Facebook.
Hmm… People can be so annoying on Facebook. Gone are those days when I don’t hesitate to delete annoying friends on my friend list.
Maybe you have that annoying friend who tagged you with an annoying post or maybe a friend who always rants about his/her failed relationship.
Do you know that instead of blocking a friend, group, or page, you can simply unfriend anyone and disable any notification from them?
Below are the simple guides on how to unfollow on Facebook.
How To Unfollow On Facebook
There are many easy ways to unfollow a Facebook friend. Do not follow their posts, profile page, or news feed preferences in the settings menu.
FROM A POST YOU CAN UNFOLLOW
Here is how to unfollow people from a post
- Log in to Facebook on a desktop or mobile app.
- Go to any post made by the person you want to unfollow.
- Select the three dots at the top right of their post.
- Choose not to follow. You will not see any posts from this person, but you are still a Facebook friend.
If you do not follow someone, your posts will still appear to them even if they do not block or follow you.
How To Unfollow On Facebook Using Profile Page
Click on their profile picture of a friend you want to unfollow. Your facebook would appear like the image below
This means that you are following them and their posts will appear in your news feed.
To unfollow them, simply click the “Unfollow” button.
How To Re-Follow Unfollowed Facebook Friends
You can follow them again whenever you want and your friends will not know that you have stopped following.
- Visit your Facebook profile page.
- Select the down arrow at the top menu bar. In the application, click or tap the three horizontal lines at the bottom.
- Choose News Feed Preferences. In the application, tap or click Settings, and then News Feed Preference.
- Choose to Reconnect with people, page or groups you might have to unfollow
- Select the person you want to follow again, and then click done. You will see this person post once again in their news feed.
In Conclusion, when you unfollow a friend, you should know that you are still friends on Facebook but you won’t receive any updates or posts from them. In addition, you can mute or snooze friends, groups or pages, simply follow the first method in this write-up and click Snooze for 30 Days as shown in the image below.
If you have any questions, use the comment session below. We are glad to be of help to our visitors.
Reference: Facebook Help Centre
Thanks for reading.