Here’s a detailed article on how to use WhatsApp Web on your PC.
All You Need Run WhatsApp Web
It’s an easy process so far you have the required items to make this work. except for the sake of thoroughness, here’s the list.
- An iPhone or Android phone with a working back camera.
- A laptop or personal computer with any modern browser, like Google Chrome, Operamini.
- An active data connection for both your PC and your Phone.
- The updated latest version of WhatsApp.
How It Works
WhatsApp Web doesn’t have all the features of the mobile app. In fact, the mobile app serves as the host. you’ll need your phone to attach, then to use it.
It just like operating your mobile app directly from your PC. If a message came into your phone, you’ll see it in WhatsApp Web. If your phone doesn’t get a message because it doesn’t have a strong connection or turned off, then you won’t see it in WhatsApp Web also.
This is inferior to other chat apps, but in some ways, it also makes the app safer.
How To Set Up WhatsApp Web
Once you’ve got these items ready, Using WhatsApp Web is pretty easy.
- Open the browser on your PC and attend visit this web address (web.whatsapp.com).
- On your WhatsApp mobile app, tap Menu > WhatsApp Web to start out the QR code reader.
- Point your phone’s back camera to scan the QR code on your PC screen.
As soon as WhatsApp reads the QR code, it’ll connect the phone to the PC in a flash. WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp mobile are going to be synced.
Features & Benefit of WhatsApp Web
- You can use your keyboard to type.
- Access media (photos, videos, audio) in-line. you’ll also download any media on to your PC.
- Start a replacement conversation with any contact, or look for existing conversations.
- Also, you can view contact info.
- Start a replacement group chat, talk in group chats, glance through your group info.
- You can mute desktop alerts and sounds.
- Share videos and photos, contacts and documents.
- Send GIFs, emojis, and stickers, also as voice notes.
- Also, you can view WhatsApp Status updates from any contact.
- Select multiple messages and clear messages.
- Forward, Reply, Star, or delete messages.
- Change your profile picture.
Things You Can’t Do With WhatsApp Web
- You can’t send or create WhatsApp Broadcast.
- WhatsApp Voice calls and Video calls is not available.
- you cant update your status
- You can’t share your current location.
- Media download settings, cant be changed. so all photos and videos sent are downloaded automatically.
- You can’t use two browsers at an equivalent time. While you’ll add multiple browsers/PCs to your phone, you’ll only use one at a time.
Can I Use Multiple WhatsApp Accounts
Some people have two numbers associated with 2 different WhatsApp accounts. you can connect both to WhatsApp web
To do that, simply open your account on two or more browsers like Chrome and Opera. Alternatively, opening WhatsApp Web in an incognito window is possible, but that logs out after an hour.
What Makes WhatsApp Web Very Special
So why do you have to use WhatsApp Web when it’s more limited than the phone? Due to the keyboard, of course.
If you would like to interact in long conversations with someone, it’s easier to type on the keyboard. In fact, WhatsApp Web also works with WhatsApp Business, and you’ll be glad that you simply can satisfy multiple customers through it.
You can use keyboard shortcuts too. which makes it faster to perform a task easily.
How Safe Is WhatsApp Web?
There have been comments and reviews on its lack of security, WhatsApp now has end-to-end encryption for all its messages. This applicable to WhatsApp Web also.
Still, it’s an honest idea to use the simplest security practices for WhatsApp and understand any safety concerns for your photos in WhatsApp, whether you’re using it online or on your mobile. for instance, if you’ve got to use WhatsApp Web on a special computer, then open it through an incognito window.
If you are using WhatsApp Web on your own PC, you’ll stay logged in even after you are done. It’s convenient.
If you are using it on someone else’s computer, then it’s best to sign off after you’re done. It’s best to try to do this on both the pc and your mobile app.
To sign off of WhatsApp Web on desktop, Visit Menu > Log out.
To sign off of WhatsApp Web from all devices that your phone is connected to, Visit Menu > WhatsApp Web > Log out from all devices.
Amazing Tips and Tricks
The more you use WhatsApp Web, the more you will know and learn about it. Furthermore, WhatsApp web is more featured than the official desktop app.
And finally, here’s one hack that you’ll love. You can read messages without even opening. Interesting.